From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jantje.
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2018 10:45 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Many arguments to a Rexx function call

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 15:27:19 +0000, Farley, Peter x23353
<peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

>Use SPACE COMMA at the end of each separate line of arguments except the last
>line with the closing parenthesis.
>
>Comma at the end of a Rexx line says concatenate the next line with the
>current line, so your ARGUMENT comma is taken as a CONTIUATION comma.  Adding
>SPACE COMMA after the ARGUMENT comma on each continuing line will solve your
>problem.

Tried that:

RS=ALERTSN(SEV,TYPENAME,ELEMENT,DESC,STATUS,STSDESC, ,
SUBSRC,SOURCE,LOCATION,SYSTYPE,PLTFTYPE,IMPACT,HOST, ,
MONENV,RESOURCE,EXTRINFO,ACTIVE,CLOSING,FTPERR, ,
APPLTYPE,APPLNAME,UNIQUE)

already too, but no luck:

    87 +++ RS=ALERTSN(SEV,TYPENAME,ELEMENT,DESC,STATUS,STSDESC,
,SUBSRC,SOURCE,LOCATION,SYSTYPE,PLTFTYPE,IMPACT,HOST, ,MONENV,RESOU
RCE,EXTRINFO,ACTIVE,CLOSING,FTPERR, ,APPLTYPE,APPLNAME,UNIQUE) IRX0040I Error
running ALERTSNB, line 87: Incorrect call to routine

Jantje.