If you need to include all 22 arguments, just make the last one bigger and
parse it a second time to get the results.

For example:

000001 /*  REXX  */
000002 rs = ALERTSN(SEV,TYPENAME,ELEMENT,DESC,STATUS,STSDESC,    ,
000003      SUBSRC,SOURCE,LOCATION,SYSTYPE,PLTFTYPE,IMPACT,HOST,    ,
000004      MONENV,RESOURCE,EXTRINFO,ACTIVE,CLOSING,FTPERR,    ,
000005      APPLTYPE APPLNAME UNIQUE)
000006 EXIT 0
000007 ALERTSN:
000008   SAY ARG()
000009   SAY ARG(1)
000010   SAY ARG(5)
000011   SAY ARG(9)
000012   SAY ARG(10)
000013   SAY ARG(15)
000014   SAY ARG(20)

Notice that the last argument is separated by spaces to combine them all as a
single argument.

Adam