We run ALCS here,  all applications are written in assembler,  but it does
support LE:

(ALCS) interfaces with the IBM Language Environment® for MVS file medium
supported by the MVS Data Facility Product to be written in the C, C++, PL/I,
and COBOL languages. ALCS also provides relational database support. It
interfaces to IBM Db2® for z/OS® to provide full support for Structured Query
Language (SQL) – including dynamic SQL

Dana