So, are you using Optical Tape processing or not.  If not, then your start up is
okay.

If you are, then there are configurations you need to do to use DLm with OAM.

Some products like Content Manager on Demand (Report repository product) require
OAM to manage the reports.  Other than that, OAM is just minimally used.

We ran DLm/DD like this for a very long time. Without optical tape support.  And
I think if you look up the message - it is taking about Optical tape support,
not our friend TAPE process

OAM has initialized without a valid OAM=XX keyword in either the OAM PROCLIB
member or on the START OAM operator command. Object tape processing has been
bypassed.

>From a 2013 post by John McKown

OAM is obsolete. Remember mainframe based optical drives? That's what OAM was
for. It interfaced with DB2 which was where it kept it's catalog. OTIS was in
there too, somewhere.

If you do internet searches on CBR0054I you can find lots of good details on
this message and what it is for.

Lizette