> On Apr 24, 2018, at 12:58 AM, Brian Westerman <brian_wester...@syzygyinc.com>
> wrote:
>
> OAM is pretty fast for SMS managed tape.  For example, we have a client that
> uses literally thousands of really small tapes per day (it's a long sordid
> story as to why) with 512 virtual tape transports and an average of 156 in
> constant use, averaging 3 to 5 mounts per second, there is less than .25
> second (wall clock) delay between the request for a tape and the mount being
> satisfied.

Brian,

Interesting comment thanks,
This goes against what IBM seems to think as to what is happening out in the
real world. This show why IBM must continue to support tape as a software
delivery option.
I know your system might be extreme but it does show there is still a demand
for software delivery, in tape format.
Ed