frank.swarbr...@outlook.com (Frank Swarbrick) writes:
> Here's a somewhat interesting document:
> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pia/imf_pia.pdf.
> "IMF is a batch driven application that uses VSAM files."
> Date of Approval: February 28, 2017 PIA ID Number: 2140 A
> ...<https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pia/imf_pia.pdf>
> Date of Approval: February 28, 2017 PIA ID Number: 2140 A. SYSTEM
> DESCRIPTION 1. Enter the full name and acronym for the system,
> project, application and/or database.
> www.irs.gov

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2018c.html#57 The IRS Really Needs Some New
Computers
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2018c.html#62 The IRS Really Needs Some New
Computers

trivia: around turn of century, I was co-author of financial industry
x9.99 (privacy impact assessment, PIA) standard, along with somebody
that had previously worked at treasury. current version
https://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=ANSI+X9.99%3A2009+(Identical+to+ISO+22307-2008)

Work included meetings with several different federal agency privacy
officers ... including IRS.  Also talked to the people behind HIPAA
https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/index.html

old reference to voting to approve NWI (new work item) for x9.99 (April
1999)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aepay3.htm#aadsnwi

reference to standard available (April 2004, 5yrs later)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm17.htm#45