On 27/04/2018 1:38 AM, Tom Marchant wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:14:49 +0100, Styles, Andy (ITS zPlatform Services) wrote:

Can't shutdown and IPL in 315 seconds.. (well, we can't).
No, but you can move the work to another LPAR in the Sysplex before
the IPL, minimizing the application down time.

That can be done on Windows/Linux systems using virtualization technologies like VMWare and HyperV live migration. Coupled with fail-over clustering you can build reasonably robust systems. The monitoring infrastructure is excellent. Our distributed sysadmin was showing my HyperV and I was very impressed. It's not as good as
a full parallel sysplex but good enough for a lot of companies WRT SLAs.