From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Frank Swarbrick <frank.swarbr...@outlook.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: empty KSDS behavior - why?

Test 1 - both DVFJS.DUMMY1 and DVFJS.DUMMY2 are "un-initialized" (HI-U-RBA is
0):

 REPRO IDS(DVFJS.DUMMY1) ODS(DVFJS.DUMMY2)
IDC3300I  ERROR OPENING DVFJS.DUMMY1
IDC3351I ** VSAM OPEN RETURN CODE IS 160
IDC0005I NUMBER OF RECORDS PROCESSED WAS 0
IDC3003I FUNCTION TERMINATED. CONDITION CODE IS 12

Test 2 - after adding a record to DVFJS.DUMMY1, and then deleting the record
(HI-U-RBA is now 829440):

 REPRO IDS(DVFJS.DUMMY1) ODS(DVFJS.DUMMY2)
IDC0005I NUMBER OF RECORDS PROCESSED WAS 0
IDC0001I FUNCTION COMPLETED, HIGHEST CONDITION CODE WAS 0

In this latter case DVFJS.DUMMY2 remains "un-initialized" (HI-U-RBA is still 0).