Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong here, please?

I'm trying to create a file with a name that features today's date.
My statement is:
//OUTFILE DD   DSN=BACKUP.USERDALY.D&LYYMMDD.TER,
//          DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(600,600),RLSE),
//          DSORG=PS,RECFM=FB,BLKSIZE=27648,LRECL=1024

When I submit the job to the system, I get:

IEFC627I INCORRECT USE OF AMPERSAND IN THE DSN FIELD

I've tried numerous variants of this statement, but I always get the same
failure.
I'm almost certainly doing something stupid, but right now I can't see the
wood for the trees...

Help...  Please...

Sean Gleann