On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 9:42 AM Gord Tomlin <gt.ibm.li...@actionsoftware.com>
wrote:

> On 2018-06-07 09:01, John McKown wrote:
> > I do like what CA
> > does in some of their products which would be nice to have in these
> > facilities. They display the date as either dd/mm/yyyy.ddd or
> > mm/dd/yyyy.ddd . I think that having a new value for HCFORMAT(...) in the
> > CONSOLnn member would be nice.
>
> If you're going to agitate for something like this, how about going for

​Me? Agitate?!? Surely you jest! {grin}​

> the unambiguous ISO 8601 format yyyy-mm-dd, either instead of or in
> addition to the ambiguous dd/mm/... or mm/dd/...

​I do like that, but I thought that mm/dd/yyyy.jjj (US) or dd/mm/yyyy.jjj
(non US) would be "better" than yyyy-mm-dd yyyy.jjj due to being shorter​
(14 vs 19 characters). I also think that yyyy-mm-dd.jjj or jjj.yyyy-mm-dd
just "looks weird". I also included the 3 character day of the week name
simply because the usual question from the person is "what day is that on
the calendar?" (Gregorian implied) followed immediately by "And what day of
the week was that on?"

--
Rap music is performed by those that can not sing so others can not think.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown