From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Elardus Engelbrecht <elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 12:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: MVS send command in REXX

Seymour J Metz wrote:

>What is in mtxt? You display it with a say statement but didn't include the
>output in your query. Is it pssible that it include an apostrophe/

Excellent catch! Thanks! I forgot about that about apostrophe inside a variable
inside that line. Really confusing and certainly would trip a parser into a
black hole! ;-)

Ok, it is a long time ago I had to handle a similar problem where lots of
apostrophes are in a parsed line. It is a real PITA to handle such characters
which could throw later parsing astray.

I would suggest that a parse/checking and re-parse to be run on that mtxt
before passing it on to "mvs send".

Thanks Shmuel for your kind and helpful reply.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht