From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John Eells
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Would SHARE kindly kick IBM in the ass for what the've done with
their web content?

I don't think it's actually the case that it was all removed, even
though I will agree that it is more difficult to find.  I thought
someone posted this link a few days ago, but it has been working fine
for me:

https://www-304.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zosv2r1-pdf-download?OpenDocument<https://isolate.menlosecurity.com/1/3735928037/https:/www-304.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zosv2r1-pdf-download?OpenDocument>

This is what I see one page level up from that:

z/OS Library
Search using IBM Knowledge Center  | V2R3  | V2R2  | V2R1 | *
Search at the element or book level  | V2R3  | V2R2  | V2R1 | *
Download books in PDF format          | V2R3  | V2R2  | V2R1 |
Download Adobe Indexed PDF collection  | V2R3  | V2R2  | V2R1 |
Download content for use with (KC)      | V2R3  | V2R2  | V2R1 |

(I hope the formatting survives!)

Of those options, I see that there are no V2R1 links for the first two
(the search options), and no V2R2 link for the last one as I write this.

The biggest problem with this is the unavailability of release-specific
search for 2.1, and in not necessarily knowing what things documented in
KC and in the the PDFs for 2.2 and 2.3 are implemented on 2.1.  For all
practical purposes, with limited exceptions, though, all the information
you need for 2.1 is probably in the 2.2 books, too.

Behind the scenes, I know that people *are* working on this, even if the
fruits of their efforts have not yet become apparent.  I am pretty far
removed from those efforts, so I won't try to summarize status or
predict anything, but I can tell you that the issue has caught some
fairly high-level attention.

All that said, on behalf of IBM I can only apologize for the current
state of affairs.  Like you, I hope it is short-lived.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie

send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu<mailto:lists...@listserv.ua.edu> with
the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

American Express made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information
included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant le Ce courrier et toute pièce
jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent
renfermer des
renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier
ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication
par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le
courrier et les pièces jointes. Merci.