On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 9:54 AM Ed Jaffe <edja...@phoenixsoftware.com>
wrote:

> On 6/14/2018 6:05 AM, Tom Conley wrote:
> >
> > ALL z/OS V2R1 CONTENT WAS REMOVED FROM THE INTERNET BY IBM!!  DO A
> > GOOGLE SEARCH, AND NONE OF THE LINKS WORK!!
> >
> > Peter's anger is justified.  IBM has screwed up royally here, and as
> > far as I can tell, they're not lifting a finger to fix the situation.
>
> There is no justification for having removed this doc. z/OS 2.1 is still
> in service...

​IMO, this is a not-so-subtle way for IBM to say "If you want support or
even information, keep spending time and money to keep up to date." They
could make the site "static" for little cost (some disk, some CPU & memory,
some bandwidth) but perhaps they have some strange "justify your disk
usage" policy which mandates removing "obsolete" data as soon as possible.
Sounds like an PHB idea to me. Because everybody knows that empty disk (or
SSD) space costs​ less than one with actual data on it.

--
There is no such thing as the Cloud. It is just somebody else’s computer.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown