DS1NOBDB DS    XL1                 NUMBER OF BYTES USED IN LAST
*                                     DIRECTORY BLOCK (PDS ONLY)

Learned something old today, thanks!  Not sure how bad I needed to know
that, but it makes me curious as to what that field is actually used for
(other than to provide a way to break PDSes).

sas