From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Clark Morris
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2018 3:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Burroughs WFM vs. z/OS JCl and VSE JCL wasRe: REXX as JCL replacement

 [Default] On 9 Jul 2018 11:14:20 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
edja...@phoenixsoftware.com (Ed Jaffe) wrote:

>On 7/9/2018 8:09 AM, Seymour J Metz wrote:
>>   1. I don't recall anybody on IBM-MAIN claims that JCL is good.
>
>Even Fred Brooks (who led the IBM team that invented JCL) calls it "the
>worst programming language ever designed anywhere by anybody for any
>purpose..."

How would the WFM (Work Flow Manager IIRC) for the Burroughs B500 and
successor compare with IBM z/OS JCL and with VSE JCL.  How does z/OS
JCL compare with VSE JCL?  My memories of DOS360 JCL probably are
irrelevant.

attachments from your system.