A common pattern (and I often see the inactive LPARs in RMF* SMF) but tell me:
Do you duplex DB2 LOCK1? And how is that working out performancewise?

* I wrote about how to do this in
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/MartinPacker/entry/lpars_what_s_in_a_name?lang=en
 in 2014.

Cheers, Martin

Sent from my iPad

> On 10 Jul 2018, at 08:58, Ravi Gaur <gaur.ravi2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We took an approach where for each plex we had CF defined on two cec's as
> that make sense :
>
> 1. Systems defined in the plex are defined on both CEC ...i.e. Say we have
> plex of 4 systems (SYS1,SYS2,SYS3,SYS4), each with 2 systems on one CEC1(SYS1
> & SYS2 Active(Normal running)  the rest 2 in Inactive state on CEC1 (SYS3 &
> SYS4) , similar definition goes other way ....which is CEC2(SYS3 & SYS4
> Active(normal running) & rest 2 in inactive state on CEC2(SYS1 & SYS2) ....
> This provide resiliency in terms of whole CEC Going down ...Now both have CF
> Definition for the Plex on both CEC which provide resiliency for the CF as
> well with Structures defined in duplex mode ...This we have been running for
> years and provide us various benefits example say we are applying or doing
> microcode upgrade or for various other reason require structures to move
> around ...those all features can be exploited when we have structures defined
> in the duplex mode with hardware split over two separate physical box....
> So simple rule and policy and commonsense work here ....

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.