I wish those of you not current on VSE would remember that we have had just as many years to change things as z/OS has. Oh, wait, we have longer. DOS came out before what ever MVS was called back then.

z/VSE has a lot of things in the JCL that z/OS has no equal to. I work both areas and there are many things in z/VSE that I miss in z/OS. There are also some things in z/OS that are not in z/VSE, but the last z/VSE to z/OS conversion I did, the client programmers hated the 'limitations' they found in z/OS and had to go do a lot of program changes due to these limits.

Later, when I have time, I will list some of those things.

Tony Thigpen