Oh!  Didn't know that.  I moved to the East Coast of Australia, and lost contact...

David Crayford wrote:
On 11/07/2018 7:19 AM, Clem Clarke wrote:
Don't know about that! I always think that IBM has some of the best people and concepts.  Pity IBM didn't push PL/I instead od allowing C to rule the world.

They did, but something that's free will always be more attractive. Multics was originally written in PL/I but the UNIX devs didn't think it was suitable for operating systems.

However, there's an interesting IBM lab in Perth that has some excellent people. Not many people know about it.

Not any more! They all got the push when IBM recently cut their workforce. A few of them moved to HCL with the PD products. The rest of them are looking for work.