See below

Tony Thigpen

Lizette Koehler wrote on 07/23/2018 01:43 PM:
Could they try another utility like SORT on the file to see if the same error
occurs?
Will try this

When the error occurs, do they rerun the job and still get the same error?
If fails during the rerun. The only way they were able to get it to run is replace the RPG with Natural.

Is it always shop written programs that get the IEC020I error?
Always RPG. I will shortly try some IBM utilities.

Do these programs have a common subroutine reading files?
No subroutines. All basic RPG.

Does the error occur when there is data or when there is no data?
I need to ask them about this.

Probably more questions than answers
Yep. But thanks for the starting points. I will post the results.

Lizette

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Tony Thigpen
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 9:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: IEC020I 001-4 question

I have a site with a bunch of old RPG programs. Lately, it seems that
sometimes the get the following. Once it happens, they can not get the
program to ever run correctly again, even after re-compiling.

IEC020I 001-4,HSR003B,STEP0017,STYWRK,1818,HKYP05,
IEC020I PROD.HKY.WORK.HSR003B.WK1.S050
IEC020I DCB EROPT=ABE OR AN INVALID CODE, AND/OR NO SYNAD EXIT SPECIFIED

We have a contractor working on 'performance issues' with this machine, and I
am wondering if he has changed something. The customer is just now telling
us, but they say it happens every few weeks to a different program. Usually,
the programs are simple, so they are just rewriting them in Natural.

Fridays problem program was very simple:
FSTYWRK  UP  F9000 300            DISK40
ISTYWRK  NS  01
I                                      100 100 ALTCLS
C           ALTCLS    COMP ' '                  25
OSTYWRK  D        01
O                                   71 '0'
O                 25                72 '09'

//STEP0017 EXEC PGM=HAO07E,PARM='DATE=$WEDATE',
//         COND=(3,LT)
//STYWRK   DD DSN=PROD.HKY.WORK.HSR003B.WK1.S050,
//         DISP=(OLD,KEEP,KEEP)
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
/*