Brian,

Do any of the other WHEN options work in lieu of SYSID? For example, WHEN
(TERMINAL...) seems like it might be viable, provided of course the test
LPAR user is coming in through one of a set of named terminal IDs and that
those terminal IDs are only available in/to the test LPAR -- no
leapfrogging over to the prod LPAR allowed. Then some due diligence is
required to make sure that's all bulletproof, of course.

Another possibility that occurs to me is whether the permission(s) can be
granted automatically at login to the test LPAR and revoked at login to the
production LPAR. Or whether the user could temporarily escalate permission
(s) in the test LPAR in a safe way, with some sort of user action, like
tapping some sort of "test buddy" on the shoulder to effect a change. But I
have to think those ideas through some more.

Yet another possibility is not to share RACF databases between production
and test LPARs but rather to keep them in sync selectively. I believe RRSF
might do that in the way(s) you want.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM Z & LinuxONE
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com