On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:08:51 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>Neither APF authorization nor supervisor state suspend normal SAF processing
>for, e.g., OPEN. If you know of a privileged application  >that bypasses
>normal resource controls and does not require SAF authorization before doing
>so, then it's APAR time.

I believe there is one exception to that, unless the behavior has been changed
in the past few years: as I recall, OPEN for a VSAM file will bypass security
checking if the issuer of OPEN is running in supervisor state. I think it's
documented (briefly) deep in some manual, but I forget which one.

--
Walt