On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 11:15:06 +0100, Sean Gleann wrote:

>However, I wanted to go further. Having created a working REXX, I want to
>then automatically run it on a daily basis to set suitably-named system
>symbols with new values each day,
>
>I've tracked down details regarding the IEASYMU2 program, but no matter
>what I do, the result is always RC288 (or '120'x). As far as I can see,
>this is caused by some sort of RACF restriction, but there's no diagnostic
>info appearing in the console log, so I don't know what to do to correct
>the situation.

o Are you running your Rexx under TSO (IKJEFT01)?
o Are you invoking the utility (specify?) with ADDRESS TSO CALL?
o Is that utility in the list of programs authorized to CALL from TSO?

(There's also a TSOEXEC that I don't understand.)

(You might try using Rexx to submit batch JCL to update the system symbols.)

-- gil