For the archives, I have replied privately to Steve and David on their
question, as I am not in a position to discuss it publicly.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Smith
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 6:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Using the Binder API and MetalC

I would like to reiterate David Crawford's question: why use Metal C instead of
the complete C?

Metal C is intended for writing exits and small routines where full
functionality isn't needed.  It is a crippled C environment, and while you may
enjoy pushing it to its limits and beyond, you should at least be able to
articulate your reason for doing so.

For full disclosure, I have plenty of experience with Metal C being used...
just because somebody wanted to.

Something tells me that if IBM had called it C-lite, or Basic C, it would have
stayed in its place.

sas

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 5:29 PM, Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com>
wrote:

> I'm sure something similar in metal-C would work...
>
>  - Dave Rivers -

attachments from your system.