I have an app that imbeds REXX code in a panel. The REXX code happens to be in
the )Init section, but I think it could be )Proc. It has a marked beginning and
end:

*REXX(*,shopcsij,shoptgtj,zedsmsg,zedlmsg)

TRACE N

IF LEFT(shopcsij,1) = "4" THEN DO
  shopcsij = shopcsi1
  shoptgtj = shopc1tg
  RETURN
END
RETURN

*ENDREXX

I wrote this partly to see if I could. It works, but I don't think I'd do it
again.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson