Recursion in assembler is hardly difficult.  Knowing how to implement a stack is fundamental.  Smart programmers not only do, but haven't even thought about it other than when architecture improvements require an upgrade.

sas

p.s. Aha!  Spellchecker wants to replace Crayford with Crawford. I will have it whipped :-)