No Lone Ranger in Phoenixland. Same thing happened to us. This failure started
during the day on Thursday 23rd. It was OK in the morning, failing in the
afternoon. We waited till next day to open an SR in case it was one of those
transient problems. You know the kind. We got the advice in SR to issue this
command:

racdcert list(serial(023456)) certauth

What we were to look for was Status: TRUST plus association to SMPE Key Ring.
The certificate was there but as NOTRUST with no associations at all. We had
not changed anything on our side since we added the GeoTrust Global CA
certificate months ago. Until Thursday it was working.

The fix was to modify the cert to TRUST and add the SMPE keyring. Now it's
working fine. We may have overlooked some details when we added the cert. BTW
the serial '023456' was not mentioned in our SR doc, but RACF knew it.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company