On Sun, Sep 2, 2018, 9:56 AM Bruce Armstrong <armst...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> If you know what ISPF is and are happy with it ....you may not be the
> target market for Zowe. Zowe is primarily targeted for the "next gen"
> sysprog who does not have 30+ years of learning the the nuances of
> z/OS and ISPF.

Or - maybe you are the target market, but don't yet know it.

I *DO* have many years of experience with z/OS -- I learned to program in PL/I
and assembler on OS/MVT in the early 1970s and was a systems programmer through
the mid 1980s. I've worked on more modern z/OS systems for the past 4 years.

I also have many years of experience with both Unix and Windows systems. It's
that experience that makes me so excited about the potential of Zowe. It's
providing a framework for bringing highly-evolved system management tools of
all kinds to z/OS. This will ultimately make the systems programmer's job
easier. That's not a bad thing.

It's not just that the "next gen" programmers need to learn z/OS -- it's time
for established z/OS programmers to start adopting tools and practices from
other platforms, too.

-- Jerry