From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Todd Burrell <todd_burr...@csx.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:57 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Master cats as user cats on other systems - why?

I had a co-worker ask me today why we have all of our master catalogs as user
cats on the other systems in the sysplex?  Besides convenience I really had no
answer as to why we had it setup this way?  I've just always done it this way,
but besides convenience of listing and updating catalogs from other systems is
there really any reason for this?

And what are best practices?  And if GRS and share options are setup properly,
is there really any risk to setting things up this way?

Thanks