On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 17:35:54 +0000, Pew, Curtis G wrote:

>On Oct 2, 2018, at 12:27 PM, Richards, Robert B. wrote:
>>
>> Unbiased? Not sure what you mean.
>
>I think his point was that downloading a .exe file is pretty useless if you’re
>not on a Windows machine. As someone who rarely uses Windows, I tend to cringe
>when I see a .exe file offered for download.
>
>For what it’s worth, I was able to download the .zip version and open it on my
>Mac, and then mount the .iso file it contained, without any problems.

Why not a plain ol' .zip?  The greater the variety of nested envelopes, the
greater
the chance of introducing an obstacle on any given system.  Almost any desktop
can handle .zip, and on z/OS "jar" handles it (unless it's 7-zip peculiar).

.iso?  OK for Mac and Linux.  Windows vacillates.  Some releases honor it;
others
have it hidden, or not at all.  We used Virtual Clone drive for it.

Our Software Manufacturing and Distribution department used to do OK creating
CDs when I gave them .iso files.  Save once, when they created a CD containing
a .iso file.

-- gil