Good to know ahead of time, thanks Rob!
I'll be moving to 2.3 early next year

Carmen Vitullo

----- Original Message -----

From: "Rob Scott" <rsc...@rocketsoftware.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:29:22 AM
Subject: Re: z/OS 2.3, SDSFAUX missing message...

>From the "Summary of changes" section in the SDSF 2.3 manual :

As of z/OS V2R3, SDSF requires the SDSF and SDSFAUX address spaces to be active
for full functionality.
The SDSF address space manages connections, processes ISFPRMxx statements,
handles operator commands, and starts and stops SDSFAUX.
The SDSFAUX address space is used for data gathering requests.
Typically, the SDSF address space is started during IPL using COMMNDxx.
During SDSF initialization, the SDSFAUX address space is started.

When a user accesses SDSF, the SDSF client program attempts to connect to the
SDSF address space. To connect to the SDSF server, the user must have READ
access to the ISF.CONNECT.system resource in the SDSF class.

If the SDSF address space is not active, SDSF provides limited functionality.
The user must have READ access to the SERVER.NOPARM resource in the SDSF class
so that ISFPARMS can be used instead of ISFPRMxx.
Panels that require the use of the SDSFAUX data gatherers (such as APF, LPA,
and LNK) are not available.

If the SDSF address is active, but no ISFPRMxx is in effect (such as a syntax
error during startup), SDSFAUX is not started.
The user requires access to the SERVER.NOPARM resource to fall back to ISFPARMS
and requires READ access to the ISF.CONNECT.system resource to continue.
Panels that require the use of SDSFAUX are not available.

Hope that helps
Rob Scott
Rocket Software