Indeed, as others have noted (and Eddols did in his conclusion), this is pretty
clearly specious in that the premise ("mainframers hate mainframes") is not
supported by the survey, because the report misrepresents the surveyed
population as "mainframers".

If we look at the bullets dispassionately:

*        94 percent would consider moving off the mainframe

Anyone who would not CONSIDER moving off the mainframe is incompetent.
Consideration does not imply action. There are plenty of uses cases where z
makes no sense, of course.

*        77 percent say their organization should have already started the
mainframe migration/modernization process to avoid being at risk

Undefined. Migration from 9672 to z14? Sure. "Modernization" as in "moving
off"? Maybe. But as written, meaningless.

*        71 percent say that the inflexibility of their mainframe limits the
ability of the IT department to innovate

*shrug* "You say that like it's a negative thing". "Innovation" is not
unequivocally a good thing.

*        81 percent are concerned by the potential skills gap between their
organization's mainframe teams

Gibberish. Between the mainframe teams and what??

*        50 percent say that IBM is more focused on Watson and cloud
technologies than the mainframe

Well, yeah. So?

If you replace "mainframe" with "insurance" you can make many of the same
arguments. But I don't see most people dropping insurance.