Well, that's what I've always believed Jim -

IEE174I 13.58.31 DISPLAY M 116
REAL STORAGE STATUS
ONLINE-NOT RECONFIGURABLE
0M-29696M
33792M-65536M
ONLINE-RECONFIGURABLE
29696M-33792M
PENDING OFFLINE
NONE
0M IN OFFLINE STORAGE ELEMENT(S)
0M UNASSIGNED STORAGE
STORAGE INCREMENT SIZE IS 512M

I've used this method for years to reserve storage for my PROD LPAR(s) and have
never had an issue. I'll be looking at opening a SR to Omegamon support for
some assistance.
thanks for the sanity check Jim !

Carmen Vitullo