From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Binyamin Dissen
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: get ECSA key 7 storage under CICS

You need to be supervisor state to do this. Using CICS just because it is
easier is a wrong decision.

But if you are sold on using CICS, you would need to write a SVC routine to
actually do the work and have your transaction supply a CICS area as a buffer
and the SVC routine will do the IFI work and return the record.