So I want to create a process that "notices" that a job has been in the JES2
Input queue for over 24 hours and not run.

Sometimes this is legitimate and sometimes not.

With z/OSEM we add resource names so the users do not need to code /*ROUTE XEQ
lpar to run.

What I find is sometimes the resource name created in the JCL is not valid for
the environment.

I know I can issue $DJxxxx,LONG and find out what resource it is waiting on.

What I am struggling with is how can I see the INPUT queue and determine how
long a job has been waiting.

I am thinking something with ISFEXEC (SDSF) that I can pass to automation to
make the determination and/or cancel of the task.

I am just in the design phase, so no real details other than this sketch of the
process.

Thanks

Lizette
A theory can never be proven, but it can be falsified.  Karl Raimund Popper