Another poster (sorry I deleted the post so can't credit him) already
stated that the addressable range depends on the method you use to access
the data set.
Yes relative track addressing is 2 bytes and limited to 64K tracks.
But relative block addressing is 3 bytes and so limited to 16M blocks.
So depending on your block size you can address more than the physical
limit of the data set.
However, as Curtis has just pointed out, Adabas itself doesn't use BDAM, it
uses EXCP/EXCPVR.
And yes Curtis you are correct - most of our Adabas data sets are DSORG=DA
but some of them are indeed DSORG=PS.
Because I inherited these systems I'm not quite sure why.
Must be something to do with the way they were first allocated and
formatted (maybe different releases of Adabas), but it doesn't make a
difference, they both work fine.
Cheers,
Mick.