<000000a854d4f854-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> Running zvm 6.3 and I'm looking to ftp a file from my desktop to pmaint.cf0.
>
> I updated the system config file on my desktop and trying to ftp it back to
> zvm. Problem is PMAINT CF0 (ReadOnly)
>
> How do I get this to be read/write?
>
> I tried using maint630 user but can't seem to find the location of system
> config file when I'm signed on.
>
> I sign on using user=pmaint
> cd pmaint.cf0
> dir  - displays the existing files.
>
> 230 PMAINT logged in; working directory = PMAINT 191
> ftp> cd pmaint.cf0
> 250-Working directory is PMAINT CF0 (ReadOnly)
> 250 for write access, send 'ACCT minidisk-mult-password'
> ftp> dir

More than likely, PMAINT or someone else has the CF0 disk linked read-write.
You'll need to figure out who that is and have them either detach the disk, or
re-link it as read only.  As Jake mentioned, you could FTP it to another disk
that is not currently in use, and then copy/move it.  More than likely,
PMAINT's 191 disk is also linked read-write, so you'll have to detach it first.

Mark Post