Our product is called as a subroutine of the user's program (usually COBOL).  Most of our code is user key, but on the first call for a task we issue a PC to set a RESMGR exit.  This exit allows us to freemain our control blocks and close any datasets we may have opened whether the task abends or not.

Recently we observed that when a task abends, the DCBs/ACBs are already closed when we get control in the RESMGR exit.  We know this was not true under z/OS 2.1, but has occurred on our z/OS 2.3 system and at a customer site recently.  This has no significant consequences because all we do is issue a message.  But I have not been able to find any documentation which would have allowed us to anticipate this behavioural change.  So I thought I'd ask you all if you'd observed this or know what changed..

Gary

Gary Weinhold Senior Application Architect DATAKINETICS | Data Performance & Optimization
Phone   +1.613.523.5500 x216
Email:  weinh...@dkl.com

Visit us online at www.DKL.com E-mail Notification: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.