From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Tony Thigpen
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: OS/390 (not z/OS) question

In an OS/390 2.10 system. where is the esoteric 3590-1 defined? Can it be
overridden?

We are trying to migrate an old OS/390 system and the first stage is to
migrate the tape usage to a VTL. The VTL looks like 3590-128trk while the
old 3590s are 3590-256trak.

The problem is that when an input request for old tapes appear, the system
is asking for the real 3590-256track tape to be mounted on the VTL drives
(defined as 3590-128track). RMM is the tape manager. We think the system
defined 3590-1 esoteric is the problem, but it does not settable in the HCD
on that version of OS/390.

--
Tony Thigpen