Hello All,

We have strange SFTP output cases.

1) We had requirement of sending ascii file using SFTP from Solaris to
Mainframe . So, we used DD command to convert this ascii file into ebcdic

using conv parameter and CBS size equal to record length of mainframe
dataset and then receive the file from  Solaris SFTP --- Mainframe Unix ---
Mainframe dataset using OGET command and binary mode.  This whole process
works well  and we receive data in the correct format in mainframe.

2)  We had similar requirement from AIX to Mainframe to send ascii data
using SFTP . We used same way like we described above for Solaris. But the
problem comes, when we transfer file using SFTP from AIX to Mainframe unix
after ebcdic conversion and the file is non readable format.
But this process work fine, if don't convert the file in ebcdic and just
send ascii file as it is from AIX to Mainframe unix and then transfer to
mainframe dataset in text mode.

I am unable to understand, whats difference in Solaris and AIX . How comes
this process is working on Solaris but not in AIX. Infact both system are
ASCII.

Can you please help.