On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 08:41, John Eells <ee...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Friday, 14 December 2018, will be my last day at IBM.

Congrats and all the best in retirement, John.

For the curious, I started on a Wednesday, 1 June 1977, so it will be 41
> years, 6 months
> since I started as a CE in the local Poughkeepsie branch office.

I was an "experienced" sysprog with almost three years on the job on that
date. I still have a lot to learn.

> It's time to shed the daily stress, devote more time to my hobbies
> (diving, amateur radio, metalworking, cycling), and find a place in the
> County that can use an active volunteer for however many hours I feel
> like working (if any).

The big question is whether you'll be able to stay away from here. Or maybe
resubscribe quietly with a Gmail address, and toss in the odd comment. Some
do and some don't - we'll see...

Hanging out here has been quite instructive and usually fun (smile), so:
> Thanks, folks.

And Thank You John for much help over the years.

Tony H.