John Eells wrote:

>Friday, 14 December 2018, will be my last day at IBM.  For the curious, I
>started on a Wednesday, 1 June 1977, so it will be 41 years, 6 months since I
>started as a CE in the local Poughkeepsie branch office.

>It's time to shed the daily stress, devote more time to my hobbies (diving,
>amateur radio, metalworking, cycling), and find a place in the County that can
>use an active volunteer for however many hours I feel like working (if any).

>I won't be able to get notes on my IBM e-mail address after about noon Friday.
> I also won't get phone messages after that time at my work phone number,
>because they arrive as e-mail attachments.

>Hanging out here has been quite instructive and usually fun (smile), so:
>Thanks, folks.

John, I will certainly miss you and your wisdom. I regard you in the same area
as Walter Farrell (RACF) and John Erhman (Assembler).

About all your good posts here, you were to me like that "Babel fish" (in The
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Everything you said was very understandable
and informative as well educational. Who will now replace you and educate all
of us on IBM-MAIN?

You must enjoy your wisdom and all your hobbies. May God bless you and your
family on your new journey.

Thanks again!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht