Joe,

You need to invest in a debugger.  Somey of the questions you ask come
from your not having the information about what your code actually does
and then the kind posters have to waste their time guessing. They should
not have to. This is information you need to provide if you want help.

For example, at the time of the BASR 14,15, what is in register 1? And
what are the 8 bytes pointed to by register 1?
What is your state and key?

One of the posts suggested the possibility that you ran afoul of alignment
due to your (to me, inexplicable) use of "*+" instead of a label.
If the code you posted began on a word boundary, there would have been 2
bytes skipped. I would have guessed that that would have resulted in most
cases in a smaller time rather than a larger time, but still it is a
factor.

For all we know, you didn't even invoke the service in the right state and
key. For all we know, you did wake up but blew up afterward.

The simple fact is that if you are key 0 supervisor state and register 1
points to a word addressable in your primary address space which in turn
points to an 8-character value that represents 90 STCK seconds, such as
via FDS12'90E6' you will wake up in 90 seconds.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design