I shouldn't have included "TIME" among the services I mentioned because
that's "current", not "historic" (so only has to deal with "current" leap
seconds) and because it does not let you choose STCK as the "zone" -- you
must choose between local and UTC, both of which are defined with respect
to leap seconds.
Thus it must handle leap seconds, but also is not in the position of
needing update for a "new" leap second.

And, in case you're wondering, at the "instant" of bringing in a new leap
second, there are various approaches in play that customers choose to
adopt and I doubt that it is deterministic on which side of the fence you
would necessarily fall if you used some service such as TIME (or if you
did it yourself) -- perhaps the STCK was done "just before" but reference
to CVTLSO was "just after". Something similar could happen with respect to
time zone offset changes.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design