>IEF085I REGION NOT AVAILABLE ERROR CODE = 20
>IEF187I NNNNNJJJ FAILED - SYSTEM ERROR IN INITIATOR
>IEF472I NNNNNJJJ

IEF085I lists four reasons for reason 20. You probably haven‘t specified V=R
(ADDRSPC=REAL), so two of them do not apply. You mentioned „started task“, so
there will be a new adderess space each time, thus fragmentation does not
apply, leaving only „there is not enough virtual storage in the reason“ as
explanation.

Specifying REGION=5M gives you 5M below and 32M above. I cannot imagine 32M not
being available above the line.

The only reason left you be that you don‘t have 5M below now, but you had
before the move. I/O defintions or other HW dependend parts might have cause
the top of the private are below to drop from 5M to 4M.

With what value of REGION does the STC run? I would guess that you specified
some value larger or equal to 16M. This will give you all there is below the
line, and allow the step to start.

—
Peter Hunkeler