On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 07:20:17 -0600, Tom Marchant wrote:.

>Remember that each member starts at some TTR location, where R is not
>necessarily zero. And the number of bytes available on the track where an
>output member starts is not necessarily, or even likely, the same as the
>number of bytes that were available on the track when the input member was
>written.
>
>It is my understanding that IEBCOPY does not do all of this, but instead calls
>the Binder to perform the copy.

Or at least invokes Program Management services.

o For Program Objects, needed to share complicated code.

o Needed to reblock load modules.

o It's simpler for Program Objects in UNIX files.

Where does SYSPRINT/SYSTERM from Binder go?

IEBCOPY ought to support Program Objects in UNIX files, rather than
requiring specialized ("O*") utilities.

-- gil