I don't recall seeing OP's motivation for asking this question. I'm guessing
it's to satisfy someone's hypothetical musing. As others have said, most of the
once-conventional reasons are gone. Installation or upgrade or repair is likely
to require at least one POR, but the odds of needing to interrupt production on
a random weekend are now very low.

-- An OSA needs to be loaded with updated microcode. Either offline/online
bounce or POR. Our console OSAs are well defined with symmetrical redundancy.
It takes a while to work through the procedure, but it's very doable. The
non-console OSAs are a menagerie of who knows what. It's easier to POR to catch
them all at once.

-- If you have two of them, cryptos can be managed like console OSAs.
Offline/online, rinse, repeat.

-- Error conditions. These are rare and impossible classify. A while back we
had an MCL upgrade go south. Primary and alternate SEs got out of sync. Support
Center said we had to POR to resync. Ouch. Then the same thing happened again!
So we PORed again. Eventually got thru it. You get to explain these cases to
the boss one by one.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson