On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 23:00:09 +0000, Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

>I'm also curious about 'not applying', but 'not restoring' is a long standing
>characteristic. A PTF may contain a ++DELETE among its effects. There's a
>special system hold category for this bad boy that tells you it cannot be
>restored because a key element is gone. They're fairly rare, but they do
>exist.

It doesn't have to be that way.  RESTORE ought to be possible if all the parts
rebulid that key element remain in the GLOBAL zone and the parts list remains in
the CSI.  SMP/E simply is not designed to do it.  VMSES/E does better because it
is not hindered by depending on ACCEPT and DLIB contents.

-- gil