In article <7271721887429173.wa.zos.jes2gmail....@listserv.ua.edu> you wrote:
> The ESSY is rather odd ???
> If I use ABITS=64 it this request gets a RC 12.
> When I list the symbol I get
>    symbol          00. ASID(X'0026') LENGTH(X'1000') AREA(symbol) DROP
> If I issue "L symbol DSPNAME(symbol)" and list the symbols again a mysterious
> "X" symbol is defined ???
>     X                 00. ASID(X'0026') DSPNAME(symbol) LENGTH(X'1000')
> AREA(symbol) DROP
> This stuff is just bizarre and not well documented.

It is. It has the feel of an internal product that was handed off to
someone to externalize and it's mostly there, but there are definitely
corners that could use some re-vamping. 64-bit was a pain as it required
non-intuitive calls to get what was needed. Bob Wright helped me out
in this forum and if you open an SR, that's who I'd ask it get forwarded
to.

In this particular case though, did you set the BLSRXSSP field to say
that you wanted ABITS(64)?

&P.BIT64 EQU   BIT2               BLSRESSY structures should be
                                  returned in ABITS(64) format

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513