I've got a requirement to determine whether a DD is allocated DUMMY. I know
how to find the TIOT, get the JFCB with SWAREQ, check for 'NULLFILE' and
loop through all of the JFCB chain. Is there any easier way? That's a lot of
complexity for a simple question!

Why? I'm trying to avoid an S013-64 on a BPAM file if the user does not
supply a DSN to a PROC. I'm defaulting the DSN to NULLFILE. I'd like to be
able to determine that from my program.

The program is in IBM C but I can readily call out to assembler. The OPEN
for the BPAM DCB is in assembler, not using the C library.

Thanks!

Charles