It suddenly dawned on me that I was miss-understanding "logical address (same as CUADD)". I was reading it as "logical address which will be set to the specified CUADD value" instead of "logical address (which others call CUADD)".

Duh!

Tony Thigpen

Neubert, Kevin wrote on 2/19/19 7:07 PM:
Sounds like you have not gone far enough.

After you add the CU, select the processor(s), should then have a panel with
channel path IDs, unit address, logical address (same as CUADD), etc.

If appropriate, might make a little more sense if you "add like" an existing
VTL control unit.  Values can still be tailored using this manner.

Regards,

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Thigpen
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Is there an HCD for Dummy's book anywhere?

The HCD panels are driving me crazy.

I don't know if my eyeballs need replacing or if this is a 'they called it
something else' problem.

All I want to do is add a new control unit and some tapes for our VTL, but the
control unit needs a specific CUADD= value and I just don't see any field on
the panel that seems remotely where I would specify the CUADD= value.

--
Tony Thigpen